Where to Buy
These days, you can buy bulbs just about anywhere:
- Garden centers
- Home centers
- Nursery, seed and farm stores
- Do-it-yourself centers
- Mass merchandisers
- Many hardware stores
- Catalog mail order
- The internet
- The bigger the bulb, the bigger the flower.
- Plan ahead. Make a list and include pictures from catalogs or magazines.
- Consider your climate. Choose bulbs suited to grow and bloom in your area.
- Read labels. Pre-packaged Dutch bulbs include planting instructions on their labels.
- Inspect the bulbs. Healthy bulbs are generally firm bulbs.
- Be wary of bargains. Steer clear of bulbs that are mushy or show signs of mold or fungus.
- Shop early for best selection.